Monday October 31st:
9:30 AM open
4:30 PM open
6:30 PM CLOSED
Have a Happy Halloween!
Bikram Yoga is a complete system of wellness, restoration and rejuvenation. Bringing Bikram yoga into your life cleanses the body and calms the mind. The studio is HOT (over 100 degrees) to facilitate deeper stretching, prevent injury, relieve stress and tension and to detoxify the body. Bikram yoga was designed to systematically stimulate and restore health to every muscle, joint and organ of the body. Participants are guided through a series of 26 postures, each increasing in physical challenge. Participants of all ages notice an increase in energy, strength, balance, flexibility and mental focus. The body is flushed of toxins, leaving a deep sense of relaxation and well-being.
How quickly you progress will depend entirely on you — upon your natural ability to a small extent, but mostly upon the time and effort you give to yoga. It will have little to do with how “perfectly” you can do the poses. (Few of us ever do the poses “perfectly.”) Instead, it will have to do with how well you understand what you are trying to accomplish in each pose, how honestly you try to accomplish your goal, and how supple your muscles and joints have become in comparison to the point at which you began. In yoga, there is no standard of comparison except yourself. Perfection is the best you can do that day.
Yoga is for everybody. Yoga is not about how flexible you are. It is about stretching your body and spine in all directions. All that matters is that you try the right way, go to your personal ‘edge’ and you will get 100% of the benefit. What you get from a yoga class is what you put into it. No matter how old or sick or out of shape, you can still stretch and have a new beginning with yoga. It’s never too late.
– Bikram Choudhury
Seven Health Benefits of Sweating
1. Sweating helps the body to regulate its temperature and cool down.
2. Sweating helps the skin release toxins and heavy metals, such as mercury and lead.
3. Sweat has antibiotics that destroy skin bacteria.
4. During an exercise-induced sweat, fat is more able to dissolve in water and leave the body through sweat.
5. Sweat unclogs skin pores.
6. Exercise associated with sweat, releases endorphins into the body, making you feel happier and less stressed.
7. Sweating can reduce your cholesterol and sodium levels.